Saturday 12 May 2007

Music and Revision

So I have been conducting an experiment of late and seeing what music makes me revise more productively. This is my list so far

  • The Cribs - Another Number
  • Morrisey - You're the one for me fatty
  • Babyshambles - East of Eden
  • Bloc Party - Blue Light
  • Kasabian - LSF
  • The Charlatans - North Country Boy
  • Sex Pistols - New York
  • Libertines - What a waster
Ok, so from this *extensive* research I realised that I liked songs that had swears in them (because I'm so mature), and also songs that weren't about love (completely) and that were fastish. But the biggest thing I realised was that all these songs were sung by men with nice voices. So even though I was revising and thinking about the main themes in the Horror film, I was also subconsciously thinking about having sex with the lead singers of all these bands. Some people eh?? So single minded.

TP

P.s. fastish is a really sophisticated way to describe music alright?

5 comments:

Timbo said...

Sorry in advance, but I totally fucking HATE Kasabian. And Keane. Most bands beginning with K. But not Kraftwerk. Or Kool and the Gang. Or Kenny Rogers. Well, those two duffers anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ive only heard of 3 of those bands - and have only heard music from 2 of them!

I must be getting old!

Bittersweet said...

it is weird, but that is EXACTLY the criteria by which i choose my music - i.e. does his voice make me feel horny???

Anonymous said...

Fastish works, just as 'Up tempo' used to work many yeas ago....

thinkpink said...

Timbo - I quite like Kasabian, but I do agree on the Keane factor. They're really boring, and the lead singer has a fat body but really skinny legs. Bizarre if you bloody ask me.

IS- You are not getting old, its just an aquired taste in musaq.

Me - Great minds :)

Greavsie - I think I prefer Up tempo, does that mean I'm old?