Thursday 28 June 2007

Lost Phone (and lots of these)

I lost my phone. What actually happened was...I went out for some drinks, we (my fellow restauranters and I) thought it would be a good idea to go clubbing. The club was full of 5 year olds, so we got extremely drunk (remember I'm a lightweight, so extreme drunkenness for me is about 4 vodka lime and sodas) to wipe out our surroundings. At about quarter to twelve (ever the party animal me) I decided it was time to go home. I stumbled into a cab and left my phone on the back seat.

I feel I have lost a limb. OSG feels like he has lost a limb as we can not send each other perverse pictures (I just sent him two rather *filthy* (in the loosest terms as they were actually just pictures of my feet in the shoes) pictures of my cool new shoes). I have no communication with the outside world. I am a sailor in a stormy sea. I didn't realise what a vital crutch to my life my phone was. Like for example, I am always late, my phone comes in handy because I can text and change designated meeting times as I'm on my way. (I can also fib about how far into the journey I am and how awful the traffic is, therefore the lateness is forgiven). I can call people and here voices rather then read words. I am in mourning. Officially. Until Wednesday when the kind people at O2 send me my new phone, complete with old number so nothing is lost (except my sanity for a few days).

3 comments:

Bittersweet said...

oh no :(

i would be desolute, without my phone. (will be in touch soon, via a diffferent medium x )

todaysdaze said...

tp...are you still looking for the phone or are you busy putting your contacts phone numbers in the new one and that is why you have not blogged lately?
Or are you tying up loose ends and packing ready for NY?

Anonymous said...

You know, I sometimes go a week without even looking at my phone. I tend to not give my number out, because I don't really like being contacted, lol.

Im one of those hermits. :)